1555 Series - Styled Lid Watertight - ABS Plastic / Polycarbonate
Product Code -
- Ideally suited for mounting printed circuit boards or DIN rail mounted components
"Styled" lid version has three main advantages over our flat lid (1554 series)
- smooth recessed surface on lid for a membrane keypad or label
- standoffs molded in the interior of the lid (except for 1555BGY) - designed for #6 self tapping screws
- more modern "styled" look vs. our traditonal flat lid (1554 series)
- Material - General purpose ABS plastic (material carries a UL flammability rating of UL94 HB).
- ABS Plastic for Indoor, Polycarbonate for Outdoor
- Color is a light gray (RAL 7035).
- Gasketed lid with two piece "tongue & groove" construction provides protection against access of oil, dust and water.
- Gasket is factory poured using high temperature U.L. listed - silicone rubber gasket material.
- Designed to meet IP 66 & NEMA 4, 4X, 12 & 13 ratings.
- Lid is secured with self captivating - M4 stainless steel machine screws (included), threaded into integral stainless steel bushings (for repetitive assembly & disassembly). All stainless steel hardware to avoid corrosion caused by dissimilar metals
- Lid screws are self captivating (lid holes are threaded with the first installation of lid screws).
Internal features are maximized for mounting options:
- Internal DIN rail mounting tabs - molded in - except 1555CGY & 1555DGY
- Options vary with size. Threaded (M3) integral brass inserts and/or standoffs (#6 self tapping screws) for P.C. board or inner panel mounting in all but the smallest size (1555BGY). See photo tables for internal views of each size
- Vertical P.C. card guides (for 1.5 mm thick P.C. boards) are molded in all but the smallest size enclosure (1555BGY)