1553T Series - Soft Side Handheld - Flame Retardant ABS
Product Code -
- Ergonomically designed for a comfortable fit into the user’s hand.
- Choice of: two sizes, in two versions (with or without battery door) - in two colors (black or grey).
- Perfect for instrument or mobile data enclosures requiring a keypad and display.
- Both the display and keyboard areas are recessed for membrane devices.
- Molded from flame retardant ABS plastic, choice of black (RAL 9011) or grey (RAL 7035) - material carries a UL flammability rating of 94V-0.
- Handheld section of enclosure includes a dark grey (RAL 7012) overmold, soft plastic grip.
- Enclosure is assembled with M3-0.5 x 18 mm Philips machine screws, threaded into integral brass bushings. Perfect for applications when repetitive assembly and disassembly are required.
- Integral brass bushings are factory inserted into top half of the enclosure (see photos).
- Lap joint construction provides protection against access of dust and splashing water. Designed to meet IP54.
- P.C. board standoffs are molded into the case top & bottom halves
Battery door & compartment version (part numbers ending in "BAT") includes:
- 1553TT "BAT" versions - 4 battery clips (for 2- AA batteries) and one 9 volt (PP3) battery clip.
- 1553T "BAT" versions - 8 battery clips (for 4 - AA batteries) and two 9 volt (PP3) battery clips.
- Contains either one or two end panels (depending on version - see table below) - removable for easy modification.
Bottom half of enclosure includes molded in label recess on back:
- 1553TT "BAT" versions - 1.73" x 1.3" (44 mm x 33 mm)
- 1553T "BAT" versions - 2.2" x 1.65" (56 mm x 42 mm)